So this is Masquerade?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So this is Masquerade?

Post  Lucien Davis on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:39 pm

Lucien looked out of the window at the school that was to become his new home as it loomed over him. It had been a long drive, and Lucien had quickly got bored and fallen asleep. The school itself was gigantic, and no doubt full of rich people, who Lucien didn't doubt would be snobs. The exact kind of person he couldn't stand... Ah well, at least it wouldn't be boring here.

The car slowed to a crawl and then finally stopped at the top of the drive, just outside the front doors. Lucien grabbed the small backpack that the elves had given him, full of clothes. Since he'd come back to life as an Immortal, they'd really been the only ones who helped him, even though he'd only been with them for a few hours. For that, he was grateful.

Stepping out of the car, Lucien walked up to the doors and let himself in. Looking around the entrance hall, it struck him how large the place was. He wondered how long his money would have to sit in the bank before he had enough money to buy a place like this. It wouldn't be any time soon, but one day he would.

Lucien looked over at the reception area, wondering where everyone was. Wasn't someone supposed to meet him here, to greet him, show him where his room was and give him his timetable? Well, no one was around at the moment, so he thought he might as well let them know he was here.

"HELLO?" He called out, in as loud a voice as he could, which was quite loud. The shout echoed around the place, before dying down and leaving Lucien in silence.

Well, this is just great... where the hell am I supposed to go?! He thought.
Lucien Davis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So this is Masquerade?

Post  Olivia Oberon on Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:14 pm

((Hope this is open!))

He looked... human. Then again, so did she, so who was she to complain? But, still, there was something so wierd about being so close to so many mortals at once. Even her old school, the little one, held more Sidhe than it did human farm children... Not that the mortals knew such.

And, it seemed, that he was in the same predicament as she. But... Olivia shook her head slightly, a small piece of red hair falling out of the loose ponytail at the nape of her neck. Mortals were not to be trusted. After all, they tried to use her kind for things such as wishes and... And we have treated them no better. Think of all the jokes you've pulled on the kids at home! The problem was, Olivia was thinking of them. And a smile curled on the ends of her lips. Not exactly the point she was trying to make...

She looked up at the great stone walls and shuddered. How did they do it, living in these things where you could barely even notice the outside existed, much less experience it. She'd watched a Disney movie once, and a line had gone something like this: 'Gypsies do not belong inside stone walls.' She supposed the same went for the Fae. Her fists twirled in her white skirt. I think my magic's trying to kill me. Either that, or my lunch is going back up.

She felt her attention drawn back to the boy,who was now just standing there, looking completly useless. Olivia sighed. It figured she would be stuck to socialize with a materialistic mortal. "Ah, 'Ello," Olivia said, stepping forward, "M' name's 'Livia 'Beron. I mean..." Olivia closed her eyes and concentrated. "Ah-Livia Oh-Beron." Briefly, she wondered if she was supposed to offer her hand or curtsy. Quickly she decided neither. He didn't look the sort to appreciate either.

Good, because she wasn't the type to offer.

"So... you're new here, as well, I s'pose?" She wondered if her smile looked as forced as it felt.
Olivia Oberon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Hudgens on Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:31 pm

Although she wasn't sure how long she had been waiting in the main hall, Ivy knew it had been awhile. Her parents had dropped her off without a word the whole trip, which the redhead didn't mind at all, but now the girl was kind of lost...even though she would never admit that. Ivy had thrown her bags to the side, but held her first and main Wicca book in her arms...it was sort of a comfort thing. Waiting and waiting, but there was no one there. Maybe Ivy was supposed to just show herself in, although that didn't seem likely. She didn't know where her dorm was or anything, so she wouldn't be able to put her bags down. Maybe Ivy just had to wander the school until she came across some sort of administration.

The doors opened and Ivy spun on her heels, darting behind one of the columns that were placed around the entrance hall. Her bags were still pretty out in the open, but hopefully not enough to be noticed. Clutching to her book, Ivy curiously peeked around the column to see who had come in. It was a very tall boy. He looked to be another new student, because the look of confusion on his face matched Ivy's. Maybe they could band together to find someone who could help them. Although, Ivy didn't want to carry her bags all around the huge school. They were heavy, filled with books and clothing mostly. Then the boy called out a loud 'hello', making Ivy jump and almost reveal herself. The echo seemed neverending, which couldn't be a good sign.

Just then, another girl seemingly popped out of nowhere. Well maybe she could help Ivy too. The girl was speaking, but Ivy couldn't hear her. Stepping out from behind her column, because she didn't want to miss this possible opportunity to figure out what on earth was going on. Approaching the two others, making sure they couldn't see what her book was, Ivy looked back and forth between the girl and the boy. "Is this some secret meeting, or do neither of you know where to go?" Ivy asked, rather sarcastically. "And I'd like to know soon, because I want to get to my room." Ivy wasn't always the nicest person, but she was trying.
Ivy Hudgens

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis on Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:46 pm

A girl seemed to just appear out of nowhere and introduced herself to Lucien. Well, this wasn't odd at all... He noticed she wore a white dress, had red hair... and was kinda cute. But then, Lucien did seem to like his redheads. That had got him into trouble a few times when he was mortal. Hey, how was he supposed to know they had boyfriends if they weren't willing to tell him? Still, at least he'd learned how to take a beating, and even better, how to fight back.

"Hi Livvy. Name's Lucien." He said. He wasn't going to ramble on, it wasn't how he was. Short and blunt, that was the way to do it. "Aye, I'm new here. Any idea where the hell we're supposed to go? There should be someone waiting here for us."

From years of seeing it, Lucien could tell a forced or fake smile from a mile away. After all, he'd done it enough himself. Forced, that is, not fake. He was quite happy with himself, and always had been, so why would he fake one? Now the forced one... well, it was how h'd tried to be nice and get out of trouble. And it worked most of the time too.... unless it was with previously stated boyfriends. They didn't let that kind of thing go. Hadn't they ever heard the saying, 'sharing's caring'?

It muse have been Lucien's lucky day today, because just then ANOTHER redhead popped up. Lucien knew straight away then that he'd be getting into a bit of trouble at this school. But hey, he only wanted to have fun. Plus, what was th worst the school could do? Expel him, that's what. Plus, it didn't matter who he annoyed, it wasn't like anyone could kill him.

"Who the hell are you?" Lucien asked as she came over to them, making a sarcastic comment as she did. Lucien liked her already. Sarcasm was good. He was a very sarcastic person himself at times. "Never mind that... no, we don't have a clue where we're supposed to go either. You're not the only one that wants to get to their room."

Taking another look at her, Lucien noticed the book she was carrying. It looked like she was trying to hide the title, but he could make out the word 'Wicca' on the book. He raised his eyebrow at that.

And already he knew this school wasn't normal. He didn't know how, but he had the feeling neither of these two girls were totally normal, either. Or human, for that matter.
Lucien Davis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Olivia Oberon on Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:06 pm

This boy... Lucien, was it?... wasn't exactly what Olivia had expected from a Masquerade student. He seemed to radiate charm and confidence, and somehow pull off a nonchalant air to tie it all up. And perhaps she had been mistaken... He didn't seem at all mortal. He reminded her a bit of an Elfking, and magic- just enough to count -hung around him in tiny little bunches. Just enough to be what?

Before she could tell him, no, she had no earthly idea where the hell they were supposed to go, another voice interrupted them. Olivia turned, a tiny, if twisted, smile on her face, to see a girl rather like herself approach them. Olivia raised her left eyebrow at the girl. She was a strange one. She had magic too... Not Fae magic, but something more synthetic. Probably born with the gift for it, but probably also born human... Something to do with that book. Wouldn't THAT be fun to steal?

Lucien asked for her name after that, and whether she introduced herself or not, Olivia wasn't quite sure. Her brain was already starting to die from lack of stimulation. She shivered at the large grandiose walls and knew that practicing any sort of magic would definetely be out of question at this point.

Her fingers twitched by her side, she sung side to side slightly, skirt flaring out. What to do, what to do, what to do? Die Lucien's hair blue, steal the other girl's book... Oh, so childish, Olivia, the Sidhe can do so much better. I need trouble... And then, somewhere on the wall behind Lucien, Olivia's bright blue eyes lighted upon a door.

The office door...

"Oh, good Crone, Mother and Maiden," Olivia whispered. Her voice steadily grew louder with her next words. "I have it. The solution. We go into the office, take a copy of the room assignments, and we're done! I mean..." Olivia couldn't remember exactly why this had sounded like a good idea, but... At least it would be fun. "Or... maybe not. Does that seem lame?" She tilted her head and stared at the door. "Now that I think about it, it seems sort o' silly."

She looked at Lucien and the other girl desprately. "My brain's going to absolutely rot in this place, isn't it?"

((Ergh. I hate this. But I had to put Olivia's crazy 'let's do stupid things all the time' attitude in there somewhere.))

Olivia Oberon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Hudgens on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:26 pm

Tapping her foot impatiently, Ivy watched the other two. When the boy asked her name, the girl resisted the urge to just shake her head and not answer, instead making it short. "Ivy Hudgens," she replied. "Not that it matters apparently," she shot at the boy, shifting her book so it was hidden under one arm and placing the other arm on her hip. Ivy hoped this hid it more, because she noticed the boy had been eyeing it up. "And now you're going to tell me yours, whether I care or not." Ivy didn't know if she cared, but at any rate, she just had to get out of what would eventually become a very awkward situation. The redhead was sure it would turn into one of those.

Looking over at the girl for a moment, Ivy sensed something different about her. She couldn't tell if it was the girl's aura or just her general being, but something was a bit off. Come to think of it, something was a bit off about the boy too. The first two people that Ivy met at Masquerade and they just didn't feel right...not stiff and boring like most humans. And the girl didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing. Well, Ivy would never find out just standing there with her book hidden under her arm...she needed the right spell to find out just what these people were. Of course, she couldn't just go pulling her book out and showing to the world what she was. That would probably get her some unwanted bad rap. Not that she really cared, but if one of these people brought it up to the administration, Ivy could probably get into some much unwanted trouble.

"Yeah, because that's a brilliant plan," the redhead rolled her eyes. "Let's get kicked out on our first day here," she added. Ivy decided she wouldn't be spending much time with this girl. She didn't come up with the brightest ideas (even if it was the only idea that had come up). And Ivy really was the type to avoid trouble as much as possible. She had gotten kicked out of her old school for causing too much trouble...and her attitude. Well, the attitude couldn't be stopped, but Ivy could sure as hell stay out of trouble. "Only if you let it rot," Ivy shrugged, shifting again so she was hiding her book with both arms. "I figure it can't hurt to try something new," the girl raised her eyebrow challengingly. Looking around again, Ivy tried to find a bell or something that would alert someone there were three new students in the front hall trying to figure out what to do.
Ivy Hudgens

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis on Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:16 am

((Haha, I get the feeling that Lucien might become a Dorian Gray type XD))

"Am I now?" Lucien asked, a small smirk coming onto his face. "Well, just for that, you'll have to wait. You don't need to know my name. It's only to feed your curiosity, not anything useful."

He listened to Olivia's idea, thinking it wasn't too bad. If they got caught he'd just say they were looking for someone to show them round. It wasn't their fault that no one was here to do their job. Besides, he was bored, and he was hungry. He hadn't eaten for a week... well, he couldn't, could he? He'd been to busy been dead. And that was a pain, too. Who knew Limbo had a reception and that you could get kicked out of death?

"It doesn't sound lame... besides, it's the only idea anyone's come up with. And I'm not fussed about getting kicked out - it'll be them losing out, not me. I've got the whole world to see, I don't need to be stuck here. But it's a good place for me, for... certain reasons, which I won't go into." Lucien rooted through his pockets. The elves had been kind and given him some stuff. He pulled out a small switchblade. Ah, this could work, if he got away with it.

"So, what are you waiting for? Let's bust into the office." He said, walking over to the door. He tried to open it, just to see, but it was locked. Well, it wouldn't be for long.

Lucien had no clue how to pick locks, but he did have the elements on his side. As he bent over and put the knife in the lock, twitching it around to make it seem like he was getting somewhere, he concentrated on air, the gold ring around his pupils flashing. He pushed some into the lock, and forced it to twist round. With a click, the door unlocked. Lucien blinked a couple of times, surprised that using that small amount of power had took so much energy. It must be because he was hungry and not used to his abilities yet. He just hoped flying didn't take so much out of him.

Stepping back, a grin on his face, he opened the door, which swung outwards, and gestured to the girls to go in first.

"After you, ladies."
Lucien Davis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Olivia Oberon on Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:54 pm

Olivia shot the human girl- Which is what she is, right? A mortal? Gods, this is tiring... -a rather peeved off look over her shoulder. Ah, yes. This girl was going to find something absolutely dreadful on her face when she woke up the next morning. Perhaps a rather agitated badger? They did have rather amazing fingernails... Whatever, she could figure that out later. What she needed now was something to do.

"Sorry my ideas seems so silly, Ivy..." Olivia rolled her eyes at the naturistic name. Ivy was a sweet thing, something that could live off the rest of the world, but, if properly managed, could coexist with almost anything in the world. The name did not fit the secondary red-head. "But as I don't see you coming up with any ideas at all, you don't get a vote." It wasn't that Olivia was truly angry about her plan being shot down, or even that she expected anyone to go along with the silly scheme, it was the way the girl said it.

Like she didn't know she could get expelled for this. That was the fun part.

It was when Lucien spoke up that she was truly shocked. Somehow she hadn't expected him to be so... Carefree about his education. She'd almost pegged him for wealth at first; he most certainly carried the air of a nobleman. Then again, Olivia wasn't sure if the mortal world stil had noblemen, so that was completely conjecture. The point was... the point was... Erm...

Oh, yes! The point was that Olivia wasn't going to have to stand there anymore, staring at grey stones and waiting for someone to come and find her. She smiled as Lucien stepped towards the lock with his pocket knife, and knelt down to study the knob. A small skittering of magic swept through the room, and Olivia rolled her eyes with what someone could almost mistake for fondness. Silly boy, any one of could've done that. She decided to play along with the whole 'lockpick' thing. It was obvious both of the others were trying to keep themselves a secret.

"Well, aren't you talented?" Olivia said, a smile curling the edge of her lips. When he offered the door to them, she stepped through, offering him a small curtsey as she passed him. "Thank you, sir." She called over her shoulder, barely looking. "Aren't you coming, Ivy?"

The office seemed... normal enough. At least, I think it is. What do mortal houses look like? There was a bookshelf, filled with leather-bound copies of Gods-Knew-What, soft carpeting she could feel all the way through her flats, a rather pretty desk... What the hell is that? She poked at the giant piece of plastic on the desk. It seemed to have some sort of screen, and it was the same pasty white as the airplane she had ridden over on. "Strange to keep a piece of junk on your desk she mummered to herself."

She looked at the others, confused. "Do ya' think whatever it is we're lookin' for is in there?"
Olivia Oberon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Hudgens on Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:24 pm

At the boy's words, Ivy rolled her eyes. "Then it's a good thing I really don't care, isn't it?" she shot back. And in all honesty, the girl didn't. She might have a class or something with the boy, then she'd find out his name...but in the meantime, it really didn't matter to her. It was when the boy agreed with the other girl's idea that Ivy got irked. "Do you realize how stupid it would be to break into the office?" she sighed. But it was too late, the boy had already pulled out a switchblade knife and was going over to the door. Ivy followed him, but only because she had always wanted to learn how to pick a lock.

Ignoring the other girl completely, Ivy knelt down a little next to the lock, completely surprised to feel the air magic brush past her. How did this seemingly normal guy know air magic? After the other girl went in, Ivy grabbed the boy's collar and pulled him down to her height. "You just used air magic," she hissed in his ear, before letting go and going into the office. She glanced behind herself for a moment to see if the boy was at all phased by the fact that she knew that. He'd probably play it cool for now, especially in front of the other girl. Great, did that mean Ivy would have to see the boy again to talk about this? If it was a secret of his, probably. Then again, maybe it meant that the redhead wanted to know this boy. His secrets seemed just as great as hers.

The office looked...pretty modern, especially compared to the front hall. There were books on shelves and a computer on the desk. "Everything is probably in the computer," Ivy pointed out. "So unless either of you are computer geniuses, I'd say we're out of luck." Ivy knew that these types of computers were usually locked on all sorts of levels, just in case this sort of thing happened. And Ivy wasn't good with computers, they sort of...sensed her magic and tended to short circuit. So really, the girl didn't want to get anywhere near the computer. A broken computer would be a sure sign someone had been there.

Waiting for either of her schoolmates to answer, Ivy tapped her fingers against the desk. She wasn't exactly the patient type, and this whole thing had her on edge anyway. Ivy really didn't want to get caught having broken into the office, going into the computer...everything that was happening, the redhead did not want to be caught. She knew she could easily walk out of the office, but the other two knew her name and could easily point her out as an accomplice. Oh, that made Ivy want to bang her head against something...how could she be so stupid? Well, even if they hadn't known her name, they knew what she looked like...another strike against her. This was getting worse and worse by the moment and Ivy just wanted to run.
Ivy Hudgens

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis on Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:31 pm

As the door opened, Olivia passed a comment that could sound smart alec-y, if you took it that way.

"That's just one of many, m'dear." He said, with a small wink. He was about to walk into the room when Ivy grabbed him.

Lucien raised his eyebrow as the midget redhead dragged him down to her height and hissed in his ear, saying she knew that was air magic. He let a small smirk briefly cross his face. So, she knew about been able to control the elements. He remembered the Wicca part of the title of the book she had... maybe that was a lead. Lucien might not be a genius, but he wasn't stupid. Now, all he needed to do was figure out what exactly the other girl was.

As he followd both of the girls into the room, he heard Olivia's murmur, wondering what the 'piece of junk' on the desk was. Before he said something rude, probably along the lines of 'it's a computer, you technophobe. Where the hell have you been for the past ten or fifteen years?', Ivy pointed out that all the information was probably on the computer. Well, that was going to be a problem.

Still, it always paid to check it out first. Lucien pulled the chair at the computer desk out and sat down on it, looking at the computer. Damn, this thing was even more advanced than an Apple piece of work! It took him a quick glance over it to know he didn't have a chance of getting any info out of this. He felt a bit of frustration, not liking how today was going in respects to finding his room, and, even more importantly, food.

"Well, this is just bloody brilliant!" He exclaimed, sarcasm dripping from his voice. "So, no one around to help, and no way to hack into this to find out where to go and stuff... shame, I fancied taking a nosy and seeing who we were stuck here with. Looks like we're back to square one. "

He got up out of the chair, clearly annoyed. Like most people, he didn't like it when things didn't go his way. Especially not after what he'd been through lately. They were just little things, like, you know... dying. It wasn't like it mattered that he got something down him to make up for a week's loss of food or anything.

As he got up, an idea hit him. He hadn't exactly been very subtle about what he did, and no doubt the other two knew something was off with him. The short redhead knew about elemental magic, and seemed interested in Wicca. She also gave of an air of something that wasn't particularly human. And the other redhead seemed totally uncomfortable inside, and didn't even know what a computer was! If anything, that gave her away. She might have been Amish, but that wouldn't explain the discomfort of been inside. It seemed like neither lass was willing to say what they were.

And, as always, Lucien decided action needed to be taken. If it was him that had to do it, fine. He didn't particularly care much anyways. He just didn't want humans chasing him, asking him for favours or something.

The gold rings around his pupils flashing again, a blast of air flew through the room, closing the door. In the silence, it seemed really loud. Well, if it brought someone running...

"Okay, enough of the games." Lucien said. "It's obvious none of us are totally... normal. Or even human, I guess. You -" Here, he pointed at Olivia. "- don't even know what the hell a computer is. You fidget like nothing I've seen before, and you don't seem to like been inside. And you -'" This time, the finger was pointed at Ivy. "- well, you know about elemental magic. And you have some Wiccan book, so I'm just going to guess you are one. Am I far off the mark? I doubt I am. So, let's drop the pretense and just say what we are. If we're the only ones like this at the school - which I highly doubt, but it's a possibility - we need to stick together. I don't think any of us would mix well with regular humans. Anyone going to volunteer to be first? No? Fine, I will."

Here, Lucien stopped talking and took a few breaths. He didn't usually talk this much, but sometimes the situation called for it. Plus, he was tired of playing games. It was time to cut the crap and get to the point.

"Right, well... I'm an Immortal. I have control over the five elements: earth, air, fire, water and electricity. And if that wasn't dandy enough, I have wings. Now, don't bullcrap me on how you must be human and that the supernatural kind of things don't exist. You've seen me control the air. And I've met some elves... and no, I hadn't had any mushrooms to eat, dodgy or otherwise. The question is, what the hell are you two? You're definitely not regular people... and I'm sure neither of you are totally human."
Lucien Davis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Olivia Oberon on Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:15 pm

Olivia had already turned to the bookshelf, her fingers skimming the smooth black covers of the books, when the other two finally made it through the door. She didn't know the first thing about... whatever they were doing, and, really, this wasn't nearly as fun as she'd thought it would be. Disappointing, really. Ah, well. At least I'll get to find a room with a window somewhere in this place.

Everything's probably in the computer, so... Olivia probably should've listened to the rest of what the girl was saying, but, to tell the truth, she really didn't find the other girl too terribly interesting. After all, even if she was some sort of magic user, she absolutely screamed 'human'. I think...

Instead, Olivia focused on the white pile of metal. What had Ivy called it? Oh, yes. A 'computer'. She didn't see why Ivy was so terribly upset that the list was inside it. How hard could it be to open it? Sure, it looked a bit sturdier than a box, but if they got too desperate, they could always just pick it up and drop it. Hard.

Olivia felt her eyes being drawn back to Ivy once more. The girl looked... distressed. Seriously distressed. As if, any minute she would just keel over and die from having done something bad for once in her life. Olivia secretly hoped she'd hurry up with it.

Lucien sat down on the seat next to the desk, and stared at the computer. Just... stared. And then seemed to blow up in frustration because he couldn't get the computer to work. Well, then. These mortals are strange little things, aren't they? Though, to be fair, Olivia was pretty sure she couldn't exactly call them mortals anymore. So, Lucien got up, seemed to simmer for a moment, and then... Nothing.

The anger was gone, the storm on his face had passed... And then it was in the room with them.

Another burst of air flew through the room, slamming the door shut with a firm clunk. She pushed her skirt back down into it's proper place, smoothed the soft white cotton, and shot him a dark look, mumbling under her breathe. "Show off."

He began to talk then. Fast, and more than Olivia really expected him to be capable of. Something about how they weren't human, none of them, and they should just admit it already, and more silly things like that. And, truly, Olivia was a bit disappointed. He had seemed more intelligent than pointing out obvious things that everyon- Oh. Wait... We were keeping it a secret? How... strange.

Olivia listened to the rest of his speech with what she hoped was an encouraging smile. Perhaps it was hard for other people to confess about their supernatural powers, and she certainly didn't want to make the poor boy do something drastic. Like pretend to be mortal, or something. Apparently, he was an immortal, which was more than she could say.

She only had a thousand years. At least. Sad, wasn't it?

Still, since it was apparently Lucien-designated 'sharing time', Olivia would be happy to go first. "Brilliant deduction, Sherlock!" Olivia chirped, moving a few steps closer to the middle of the room. "If you ever decide to go into the business, put me on the audition list for Watson. But, alas, you missed the key clue." Olivia shrugged as if this were no big deal and smiled up at... well, everyone. "I'm a Fae. Not one of those stupid prissy ones with 'sparkly wings' -" Here, Olivia made the proper 'sparkly' hand gesture "-but a proper trickster. I am of the Sidhe, blood of Oberon."

There. That should at least explain their base questions. She then turned to the other girl, who had seemed determined to hide almost everything about her self. "Now, if Miss Ivy here would take her turn, we'd all be properly introduced."
Olivia Oberon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arriane Ravenwood on Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:24 am

((Am I alright to join once Ivy's posted? ^_^))
Arriane Ravenwood
Admin

View user profile http://masquerade.forumfree.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis on Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:08 pm

((Aye, you're fine... let em get out of the room first, though! XD))
Lucien Davis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Hudgens on Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:08 pm

When the boy smirked at her words, Ivy almost screamed. She hated when people did stuff like that without saying anything. But there was really nothing productive about screaming, so the redhead just entered the room coolly. Better to stay as calm as possible in a case like this. Watching the boy intently as he sat down at the computer, Ivy almost did hope that he could get some information out of it. At least then she would know what she needed to know and get away from these other two. It wasn't that she didn't like them, just that she didn't like what she knew about them. Which wasn't a lot, but they were both kind of grating on Ivy's nerves. And that never ended well for Ivy or the other person.

"So...nothing," the girl sighed. She figured that would be the case. Leaning back against the desk, Ivy crossed her arms. "Didn't think there would be anything," she murmured, not wanting anyone to hear. Of course, at least one of these people certainly would, which would just make Ivy look worse in their eyes...because it was obvious they liked her just as much as she liked them. Especially the other girl; Ivy could just tell that she wasn't too fond of her. Not that the redhead especially cared...these things never really mattered to her. There had been plenty of people over the years who didn't like Ivy, and she really never cared that they didn't like her. It was easy enough to avoid those people, or just not deal with them in general. And as soon as she got away from these two, it would be the same.

And then more air magic passed them by and the door shut. Great, now it would look ridiculous if Ivy made a run for it. Listening to the boy, Ivy nearly dropped her book. She had totally given herself away by accusing the boy of using air magic. Now she would have to admit to who she was to two strangers that she didn't even like. But if they weren't normal either...maybe the boy was right and they should stick together. Great, sticking with these two, Ivy thought. It wasn't high on her list of things to do at a new school, but she couldn't deny that the boy had a point.

The boy spoked first, saying he was an immortal. Believable, after what Ivy had read about them. Control of the elements, wings, it all fit. There was no way he was making it up. Lovely, Ivy was going to school with an immortal, someone who essentially had the same powers as her. Only, probably stronger. Next, the other girl spoke, saying she was a Fae. A trickster...even better. Not someone who Ivy wanted to get on the wrong side of, though she already had. She'd probably wake up tomorrow with an animal on her face. If they ever got their room assignments, that was. How on earth did an immortal and a Fae end up here? Shouldn't they be off in their own little worlds doing their own little thing? Of course, Ivy had ended up here and she was bordering on their own little world. She had learned a lot in her years as a Wicca, and had great control over the elements, not to mention she could stir up a mean thunderstorm. These two would understand who she was. Maybe that was a good thing.

As the two sets of eyes turned on her, Ivy sighed. "I'm...kind of human," she said softly, wishing her essence at least was a little more interesting. "But I guess if Wiccan was a type of being, I'd just be that. I've got control of the elements too," she nodded towards the boy. "Among other things." Finally uncovering her book, she showed the other two. "This book found me when I was thirteen, and I've been studying it, and others, ever since." Ivy hadn't expected it to feel so good to admit to people what she was. Even though she wasn't fond of them so far, it was like a huge weight had been lifted off her shoulders. It didn't seem as interesting as the other two, and Ivy was sure she would be teased by them, but at least someone knew. "And we can't stick together if I don't know your names," she pointed out sarcastically. "So that would be nice right about now."
Ivy Hudgens

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis on Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:35 pm

Lucien stood and listened patiently for the others to say something. Not surprisingly, it was Olivia who spoke first.

"Brilliant deduction, Sherlock! If you ever decide to go into the business, put me on the audition list for Watson. But, alas, you missed the key clue." Here, Olivia shrugged, as if what she was pointing out was nothing. "I'm a Fae. Not one of those stupid prissy ones with 'sparkly wings' -" At this point in her mini speech, Olivia made a hand gesture that seemed to appropriate to describe as sparkly. "-but a proper trickster. I am of the Sidhe, blood of Oberon."

Lucien smiled. This girl was sarcastic, a trait he liked, and... well, she was cute. But heaven forbid it was in a 'stupid prissy' way, where she would have 'sparkly wings'! No, it was her attitude that Lucien liked, and the cuteness was just a guy thing, he guessed.

"Watson? My dear, Watson isn't good enough for you. Sherlock must always have a pretty female helper who can look after herself, and has a tongue like a whip on her!" He said, giving the Fae a wink. "Ah, a Fae? Well, I've got to admit, I haven't heard of them before. You must be good at hiding what you are from humans.... no doubt cos they'll be after you for various reasons. And a trickster, too.... well, I can tell it's not going to be boring here already."

Now it was Ivy's turn. She let out a sigh, obviously not too happy at the prospect at been stuck with Olivia and himself. While he didn't know how Olivia would feel, Lucien wouldn't be too fussed. She wasn't bad looking, either, and was sarcastic too. They were going to get along famously... but would it be in a good way? Only time would tell.

"I'm...kind of human," Ivy said, quiter than before, and without the venom in her voice. Now, this was an Ivy Lucien would like to get to know. "But I guess if Wiccan was a type of being, I'd just be that. I've got control of the elements too, among other things." Finally uncovering her book, she showed it to Olivia and himself. Yep, it was a Wiccan book, the title clearly stated it. "This book found me when I was thirteen, and I've been studying it, and others, ever since." Now, that was something that was fascinating. So he wasn't the only one here who could mess with the elements... Of course, then the nice Ivy disappeared, replaced by the one Lucien was coming to know, the sarcasm back just as strongly as before. "And we can't stick together if I don't know your names. So that would be nice right about now."

"Well, I'm Lucien, and that's Livvy." Lucien said. "Now, introductions out of the way... you're a real Wiccan, then? Not one of those crazy people that dance in fields and claim to be one? I bet your type is rare. Anywho.... I've not eaten in a week, so I'm starving. And no, not eating wasn't my choice before you say anything. I was a bit busy been dead. I've only recently found out what I am... as in, yesterday. But that aside, the point I'm trying to make is we're not getting anywhere. We've found nothing in here, and so we might as well get out before we get caught and in trouble for nothing."

Walking over to the door, Lucien held it open again. He could be a gentleman at times if he wanted. Hell, he was immortal... he could be anything he wanted to now. He had the time for it.

"Again, after you, ladies."
Lucien Davis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Olivia Oberon on Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:43 pm

Olivia smiled wryly at Lucien's down-put to poor Doctor Watson, which... somehow turned into a compliment for her. Well, then. The boy certainly had flirting down to a fine science. Olivia, however, chose not to respond, as it seemed Ivy was ready to 'spill her guts'. As much as Olivia thought the literal meaning would be a lot more interesting to watch, she was rather curious about this shy mortal girl with a gift for magic. She was not disappointed.

The girl admitted to being mortal, and her voice seemed a bit... disappointed that she was nothing more. Still, Olivia reasoned, her heart softening a little. At least she's not completely mortal. And, of course, she knows magic, and therefore how completely boring her kind are. I mean, who's to say she's not some strange anomaly, like a changeling? Olivia realized what she was thinking, and stopped herself short. Woah. There was no way in heck she was thinking of this Ivy girl as one of her kind. No. Way. In. Friggin'. Avalon.

She forced herself back into reality, realizing she's missed the whole description of 'Wicca'- Eh, she was sure she'd find some book on it sooner or later - and something about naked dancing. Wait... they were talking about the Full Moon Feast? Before she could what exactly the hell was wrong with honoring the Moon's Magic with their completely bared magic, Something told her she had missed something vital. Her brain backpedaled for a few sentences she had heard but never listened to, and listened.

Ivy had talked some more... and then asked, very unsubtly, of course, for their names. After not too long ago saying she could care less.

Ah, insanity, thy name is mortal.

Olivia winced at the faint memory of being introduced as 'Livvy'. Of course, the fact that she never pronounced her 'O's made it even more plausible, and... Well, if being called Livvy was the worst thing that a mortal ever did to her, she'd die happy.

Then again, if that was the worst mortals ever did to her, there was a chance he might not die at all. So there was that.

Sighing, Olivia realized once again that Lucien had said something she probably should have listened to, something about finding out who he was. She probably should've 'remembered' it, but... come on, how important could it be? Right? Oh, whatever.

We've found nothing in here, and so we might as well get out before we get caught and in trouble for nothing. Lucien moved to hold the door open for them, and Olivia shot a backwards glance at the room. There were still so many search spells she could use; they had come in great use at the libraries she had visited before. But... Well, it just wasn't fun anymore, was it?[/i]
"I suppose you're right, Lucy," Olivia sighed, smile dropping off her face. "It's so dreadfully dull in here." She shook her head, red curls coming loose from their respective tangles as she forced herself to walk through the door. Once outside, she collapsed on the wall, sighing a dramatic -and, hopefully, ironic- way.

"Oh, my dearest friends," she said airily. "Whatever shall we do!" Yes. Gone With the Wind had not been a pleasant reading experince... but danged if it wasn't good material.
Olivia Oberon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Hudgens on Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:49 am

As the other two talked, Ivy rolled her eyes. They talked the way couples at her old school talked, and it was getting on her nerves. Tuning them out for a moment, Ivy took a glance around the office. Surely there was some way they could get some information out of here. Not everything had to be on the computer. But Ivy didn't want to go searching in any way, magic or not...getting in trouble on her first day was not high on her list of things she wanted to do. In fact, it wasn't on her list of things she wanted to do at all. So the girl tried to tune back into the others' conversation in an attempt to distract herself. Of course, now Ivy's mind was set on searching the office.

When the boy introduced himself as Lucien and the girl as Livvy, Ivy felt a bit more comfortable, actually knowing the names of the people she was there with. "Nice to meet you, Lucien...Livvy," Ivy said with a resigned sigh. "It is nice to finally know your names," she admitted. "And that's correct, Lucien, I'm a real Wiccan. And I've never danced in a field in my life," she snorted. Ivy knew that type, there had been plenty in her old school, trying to "rebel" against their families and whatnot. Ivy guessed she was kind of rebelling against her family as a practicer, but she hadn't even started with that intent. It had just kind of happened to her, finding the book, the book always coming back to her...Ivy figured she was just meant to follow the path she followed as a Wiccan.

As Lucien went off about his whole 'being dead' thing, Ivy rolled her eyes again. But he was right, as she had thought before, getting in trouble would not be fun. The redhead made her way to the door as Lucien opened it. Livvy made a comment about it being 'oh so dreadfully dull' in there, to which Ivy snorted loudly. The Fae girl was a bit of a drama queen, Ivy didn't need any more proof of that. As Ivy walked out behind Livvy and heard the girl give a loud sigh, she shook her head in exasperation. People- especially girls like that annoyed Ivy so much...thinking they should always be the center of attention. Even if they didn't realize it. Ivy was the type to keep to the shadows, she only liked being the center of attention when she was onstage.

Turning her back to Lucien and Livvy, Ivy looked around the hall, making sure no one had showed up when they were in the office. There was still no one there, which was odd in itself...all of Lucien's door slamming had to alert someone that there were people there waiting. But apparently it hadn't. That was probably for the best though, being that the door slamming had been coming from the main office that the three probably weren't allowed in. Either way, Ivy was exhausted and just wanted to lie down in her new bed and fall asleep. Lucien just wanted to eat. And Livvy...well, Ivy didn't know what she wanted, but obviously it was something that she couldn't do herself. And yet, there was no one there. The redhead thought back to her first day at her old school, where they had seniors showing everyone around. Turning back to the other two, Ivy surveyed them curiously. "Did you two have a set time you were arriving?" she asked curiously.
Ivy Hudgens

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arriane Ravenwood on Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:57 pm

Ari say bolt up in her bed, her hair a tangled mess, yesterdays fancy, dramatic makeup smeared all over her face. She smelt of stale sweat after falling asleep in the clothes she had been to the gym in. She couldn't be bothered showering last night, instead she had fallen onto her bed and fell into a deep sleep, for once she didn't get up during the night.
"Ohmygosh! I'm late! Ahh...I'm going to be in more trouble than I already am!" She said in a panicked rush. Her voice sounded terribly loud, probably due to the fact that everything around her was silent.

It all started yesterday when Ari turned up late to a lesson, then when her teacher tried to find out why she was late Ari said some snarky comment back. Of course, the teacher didn't like that so she yelled at Ari, then turned back to teaching the class. Ari pulled a face at her and walking over to the one empty desk in the back corner of the room (the corner had a hige cobweb above it, and a lot of light shone on it from the window so if you sat there you would be blind for the rest of the lesson) she muttered some comment under her breath, forgetting the teacher wasn't quite human. This led up to an event of arguing and other things during the two hour class and by the end of it Ari ended up missing her free period, instead she was stuck on reception duty.

The alarm had been set at seven thirty A.M, so Ari would have time to shower and sort herself out before heading down to meet the newbies she was supposed to be showing around, normally it was just one, but today there was supposed to be three, or was it more than that? Ari hadn't been paying attention.
Anyways, her alarm had gone off, and Ari had turned it off with the thought that she would stay in bed one more minute. Of course she fell back asleep and now it was late and Ari was going to be in an incredible amount of bother if a member of staff caught the new students alone.

But...Ari really needed to shower first. And she was reallly slow in the shower, so that was another half hour of lateness. She emerged from the steamed up room, not a hair out of place, her makeup was all fine and Ari was feeling a lot more...well...not human...but normal. And now Ari was really hungry, and she could do with her daily dose of blood as well. So, another twenty minutes was lost before Ari finally picked up all the class schedules and room assignments and everything else.

Now she had to run. She arrived at the top of the stairs near the entrance area five minutes later, her hair had gone messy due to the running, but that only made her stand out more so she wasn't really fussed about that. She looked down the bottom of the stairs, looking for some sign of life....And nobody was there. Panic crossed her face and she ran down the stairs, blue eyes wide and pleading that they just hadn't arrived yet, pleading that a teacher hadn't found them. But there was nobody here. She was completely alone. She stood, rooted in the center of the room for almost five minutes before her ears picked up on someone talking in one of the rooms. But...that door was supposed to be locked. She walked over, hesitated, then turned and walked back to where she had been stood, if anyone was in there then it was staff, not her run away pupils.

But when the door opened moments later indeed there they were! A smile flickered over her face, it looked as though she had some competition in the trouble makers department. Maybe she could make an alliance with one of them, it would be fun having someone else to plot with. She quickly examined them, two red heads and a guy. Yup..that was right. She walked over to them again, fast this time. "Get the heck out of there!" She hissed, eyes darting round the entrance area once more, this time checking for any teachers. "You're the new kids right? Good...I'm supposed to give you the grand tour of this place and then take you to dinner!" Ari said in a bit of a rush, her words mumbled together and almost quiet. She swallowed the lump that had rissen in her throat and tried again, she had no idea why she was so nervous. "Hey...You're the new kids right? I'm supposed to give you the tour and take you to dinner." This time her words came out right, she even managed to sound bored. She smiled at them and said, "I'm Arriane...but call me Ari."

Sig by meeee! ^_^
☮️ ♪ ♫ • * ¨ * • . ¸ ¸ ♥️ ¸ ¸ . • * ¨ * ♫ ♪ ☮️
Arriane Ravenwood
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis on Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:18 pm

Lucien's eye twitched when Olivia called him Lucy. He hated that nickname. It was something he'd had to endure back before he found out he was immortal, and he guessed he'd have to put up with it here. Well, he guessed there were worse things out there that he could be called. He knew, because he'd already been called some of the names before. Honestly, the language some people used was horrendous. Then again, he wasn't much better at times... his mouth could be as foul as a sailor's.

He raised his eyebrow as Olivia leaned against a wall and acted all dramatic. He was sure he recognised that line, but he couldn't remember where exactly it had come from. Ah well, it didn't matter... if he couldn't remember it, it had probably been boring. And as an immortal, boring wasn't going to happen for Lucien anymore. Well, not much, hopefully. Now he knew he couldn't die, gone were his irrational fears, such as heights. He could go BASE jumping, or skydiving or parachuting now without fear that his parachute would knack up. Because if it did, he'd just hit the ground and get back up. He could parachute without the parachute... now there was a weird thought. Or maybe he'd just fly instead. After all, that's what wings were for.

Ivy (after rolling her eyes at Olivia's little performance) then asked if they had had a set time to be here.

"Well, I didn't. I just got here and came in to wait. This is an entrance hall, like a main reception... there's meant to be someone here at all times, isn't there? Maybe whoever it's meant to be is late... The fool. Punctuality is a virtue, and if I'm going to be on time, I damn well expect them to be, too."

Just then, some blonde girl came running over to them, and hissed at them for been in the office.

"Meow..." He said, sarcastically clawing at the air. There was no need to be so catty... it was this girl's fault that they'd ended up there in the first place. If she'd been here when she had meant to be, they wouldn't have had to go snooping around. He tuned out the rest of what was said, until he heard the word 'dinner'. At the mention of food, Lucien perked up.

"Screw the tour... just give us a map and show us the way to dinner. I'm starving!"

Again, Lucien had the feeling that this girl wasn't exactly human... that feeling had paid off with Olivia and Ivy, so he was trusting that instinct. Maybe she'd say what she was later, escpecially if she knew what the three of them were. So far, Lucien had met three people here, and none of them were human.. this place definitely had a secret. Lucien wondered how many more non-humans came here. Were there any other Immortals?

"Hello.... Ari. I'm Lucien." He said, managing to match the bored tone. He couldn't think up of a witty comeback at this moment in time for her to call him. He had thought of Your Highness, but that was just old and boring. And he was too hungry to piss this lass off just yet.
Lucien Davis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Olivia Oberon on Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:23 pm

Olivia could practically feel the irritation roll off of Ivy. It made her happy. Ivy was still, technically, a mortal and, well, that was Olivia's job. In fact, it was her entire species jobs. The Sidhe. Pissing off mortals since God decided to mess up and make the stupid things. Olivia straightened as Ivy asked them a question, brushing small particles of dust off the back of her white dress.

"Well, I-"

Olivia was interrupted by a rather blonde girl running up and hissing at them. Olivia's thoughts ran like this: What. The. Avalon. And then, unsuprisingly. Did she just flippin' his at me? And then she came to the inevitable conclusion. That's it. The second I learn how, I'm turning her purple. She would've done it then and there, if she'd only know how. Fae magic was a lot harder to learn than what Ivy and Lucien were learning, but... Well, let's just say that in a couple hundred years, Olivia would be able to turn herself into wolves, make men out of dirt, and make donkeys out of men.

Right now, however, she was stuck with stupid things like dancing lights. Boring.

Of course, when Lucien made a little cat noise behind her head, she tried really, really hard not to laugh. It didn't work. Laughter fell out of her mouth, a real laugh, all tinkling bells and babbling brooks. She cut it off abruptly, though, and looked at the new girl sheepishly. "Sorry. Didn't mean to... erm... it was funny?"

Lucien was doing most of the talking to the girl, which was good, because Olivia didn't have the foggiest idea what the girl had even said. He said something about tours and dinner, though and she perked up. "Dinner? Oh, please, may we go to dinner? I mean... what do we need with a tour? This isn't Paris. It's a school." And, she thought to herself, if they ever got lost, either three of them probably had some spell to get them out of it.

"I vote for dinner. Most definetly." Olivia glanced briefly at Lucien, who had already voiced his opinion on the matter. Two for dinner, one for tour. She glanced reproachfully at Ivy, who'd yet to say a word on the subject. Surely the girl wouldn't be so fickle as to vote for the tour just because Olivia didn't... No, that didn't seem much like the Wiccan girl at all, did it?

"Ivy? Are you hungry?"
Olivia Oberon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Hudgens on Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:52 pm

Well Lucien didn't have a set time to be there, and before Livvy could answer, a blonde girl suddenly appeared. Ivy raised an eyebrow. She was obviously not another new kid, which was reassuring...but if she was their tour guide, she was a bit late. When she hissed at them to get out of the office, Ivy sneered. "Well if you hadn't been late in the first place-" then Lucien said 'meow' and the redhead caught him clawing the air out of the corner of her eye. Ivy couldn't help but let out a loud snort. It was rude, and the girl knew it, but the blonde kind of deserved it at this point. If she really was supposed to be their tour guide, as she said she was, she was running much too late to deserve the reverence she probably expected. Not to mention she hadn't been given the easiest group of new kids...though she had no way of knowing that. Ivy felt a tad bit sorry for the blonde girl, who introduced herself as Ari. They weren't being too nice to her, and she, Lucien and Livvy needed her right now.

"I'm sorry," Ivy said to Ari, not wanting to get her too upset. After all, who knew what she was. "We're just tired and hungry and been waiting here awhile. You'll have to excuse us," Ivy looked back at Lucien and Livvy with an 'agree with me' glare. If they didn't, they'd find some nasty spells being used on them later. And when they least expected it, so they couldn't fight back. "But yes, dinner first would be much appreciated," Ivy agreed with the other two. Ari didn't seem like the type to get upset over a change of plans like this, but if she was, they were all in trouble. Suggesting something against the schedule could really get some people going, and if Ari was one of those people, that could mean trouble. After meeting an immortal and a Fae, Ari could be anything not human. Gees, what had Ivy gotten herself into by coming to Masquerade?

Of course, Ivy wasn't a normal human. She had plenty up her sleeve as well. Heck, she had more going for her than any regular humans that were here. And there had to be some of them. A school with only supernatural beings just...wouldn't work. Right? Ivy let out a soft sigh that she hoped no one heard. What if she was the only real human at this school? Even if she did have her powers, she would be at the bottom of the food chain. This could be an absolutely miserable experience. Maybe she should have been nicer to Lucien and Livvy...they seemed nice enough, after all. And good beings to stick by. But no, Ivy had to go and be her horrible self. Well, there was no turning back time now. The most she could do was try and be nice to other students. Maybe eventually Lucien and Livvy would forgive her, too. If they believed in second chances, that was. And how could they not, as immortal beings?

((Bad muse is bad. Sorry lovelies...))
Ivy Hudgens

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arriane Ravenwood on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:41 am

The boy, who Ari decided was an idiot almost immediately, made some cat like gesture at Ari saying something that vaguely sounded like 'Meow'. Ari grinned a little, but didn't comment. However the other two girls seemed to find it funny as one of them laughed and the other, who was probably trying to make herself look cool by not laughing ended up snorting.
"Sorry. Didn't mean to... erm... it was funny?" The girl who had laughed said.
The other girl, the one had snorted apologised as well and then started making excuses for why they had laughed, saying: "I'm sorry, We're just tired and hungry and been waiting here awhile. You'll have to excuse us."

The people, if they were actually people and not something else, seemed to cheer up slightly at the mention of dinner.
"Screw the tour... just give us a map and show us the way to dinner. I'm starving!" The boy said as the other girl rushed on with speaking as well.
"Dinner? Oh, please, may we go to dinner? I mean... what do we need with a tour? This isn't Paris. It's a school." Well, have you actually seen the size of the school? Good luck around here if you don't have a tour, the map isn't exactly detailed. Ari thought, her smile spreading again slightly, this time showing a little of her white teeth, but not enough to see the pointed fangs. No, these people weren't human...but she wasn't going to tell them that she wasn't human, not yet anyways.

Ari jumped out of her thoughts to realise the girl was still speaking, though Ari probably hadn't missed anything of importance. "Ivy? Are you hungry?" Ivy, that was the most normal looking girls name, the one that was clutching a book. Ari had to have a little respect for her, most people around here would probably die if they got caught with a book outside the classrooms. If it was a script, or a musical instument it was fine, but a book like this? Nope, it would probably result in popularity levels dropping through the floor, and Masquerade was all about popularity. The boy also introduced himself as Lucien, managing to match the bored tone she had introduced herself with.

"....dinner first would be much appreciated," Ari tune back into reality again to hear Ivy agreeing with the others. Well, that would make things easier, though Ari had just come from, breakfast, or Lunch...or whatever the heck the quick meal she had just had was. "Dinner sounds good, and then I'll show you around after...trust me, you'll need it. Umm...Do any of you have any specific catering needs? I know you're not all human...but I haven't really read any of your files properly..." Actually I didn't read them at all, hence me not knowing who you are, or what you are. Ari thought as she waited for an answer.

It was certainly going to be an intresting day, Ari planned on finding out what the heck these people were during the day at some point, again the thought that they could come in as handy friends popped into her head, but she shook it off. She didn't even know these people yet, let alone like them. No, it would certainly be nice to have a friend in Masquerade, sure she had been here for five years, and was plenty popular, but that was the only reason people really talked to her, not because they liked her, but because if they were seen talking to her and hanging with her they would gain popularity. So she still had to make an actual friend in Masquerade.

Sig by meeee! ^_^
☮️ ♪ ♫ • * ¨ * • . ¸ ¸ ♥️ ¸ ¸ . • * ¨ * ♫ ♪ ☮️
Arriane Ravenwood
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis on Mon May 23, 2011 4:37 pm

It seemed that dinner would be the first thing they had here, before the tour as Olivia and Ivy agreed with Lucien. He felt quite happy about that. But there was one thing that Ivy said that he didn't quite agree with...

"I agree with most of what Ivy said. Apart from the apology. Why the hell should I apologise for routing around, when you were late? Seeing as no one was here to show us around, why shouldn't I have took it into my own hands to find where I was supposed to go? I bet you'd have done the same. Don't bother lying and say you wouldn't." He said, still annoyed at getting hissed at. And it didn't help his mood that it felt like his stomach was starting to eat itself. When Ari asked about specific catering needs, because she knew they weren't all human, Lucien felt a shock go through him. How did she know?

Ah, the files... they say that? What if some normal person got there hands on them? And she hasn't read them properly? Well, from what I've seen... I bet she hasn't read them at all. He thought to himself (well, he wouldn't be thinking that to other people, would he? It wasn't like he was telepathic...).

"Catering needs? Like veggie or vegan? No, no special catering needs for me. But I hope this place has bacon. And frankly... I'm insulted. Not human? Are you calling us animals? If we weren't human, what would we be?" He asked. He knew this girl wasn't human either, but until she said what she was, he wasn't saying anything. Plus... you shouldn't say that kind of thing out loud, where any random person walking by can hear you. At least he'd addressed the question in an office with the door shut. And that door was quite thick, so he highly doubted anyone who didn't have an acute sense of hearing (like a vampire or werewolf or other supernatural being. His own senses seemed to have developed since he came back as an Immortal) would be able to hear. And if they did hear, then it wasn't much to worry about, because they were supernatural as well. And he needed to practice playing dumb in case some human got suspicious and cornered him, trying to get what he was out of him. He didn't think there'd be a mob of people with torches and pitchforks chasing him, but he's still be in deep trouble.

"And the files? When you say you didn't read them properly, I guess you meant that you didn't read them at all. So.. it's your own fault if you don't know if any of us have specific catering needs."

Lucien knew he probably sounded like a douche, but he didn't really care at this moment in time. He was starving, and this lass here had left them waiting for ages, so they'd had to look around to see if they could find any way of finding out where they were meant to go. Then she'd had the nerve to hiss at them, and she hadn't even bothered to read their files. And now she was delaying them from getting food by asking stupid questions. Of course Lucien wasn't fully human. He had wings for Pete's sake, and while he could keep them hidden, you just had to look at his eyes to see he wasn't totally normal.
Lucien Davis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Olivia Oberon on Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:51 pm

Olivia was really going to like this school. Though the thick walls and lack of substantial windows had the tendency to drive her slightly crazy, she'd only been here all of thirty minutes and had already had ever so much fun. These people, who weren't really people after all, entertained her to no end. It would be nice to watch them make fools of themselves for the rest of the year.

And she could help with that. Really, she could. Sooner or later, anyway. She didn't think 'dancing lights' or 'mend' could really make a fool out of anyone. Unless you were a blind person who broke things for a living. Maybe.

Ivy glared at Olivia and Lucien coldly, and Olivia shivered under the human's gaze. Ugh, she hated mortal witches. They got their powers much more quickly than the Sidhe, and they didn't even use it for fun. Well, that and they sometimes made sport of hunting down Olivia's father's family, and capturing her mother's family in tiny little jars.

As if the Tiny Ones could actually grant wishes.

Lucien said he mostly agreed with Ivy, except for the apology part, and Olivia couldn't say she blamed him. She was hungrier than she had expected, she realized, and she wanted nothing more than to be able to go to sleep someplace where she wouldn't be surrounded by people who insisted on talking about 'student files' and 'class schedules' or whatever else student guides were supposed to talk about.

"You will get my apology when you feed me," Olivia said, her smile still plastered firmly on her face. "I've been here for ages, and if I don't get some food presently, someone shall be waking up purple tomorrow." And you will never be blonde again, blondie.

Apparently, the dinner idea was indeed a good one, even though Ari insisted on asking a stupid questions about what they liked to eat. What, exactly, was the point of that? They could eat what they liked, and leave the rest. Lucien brushed off the girl's question and started berating her for asking her rather 'rude' question in the middle of the hallway where practically everyone could see them.

And, still, Olivia couldn't tell what the big deal was. Hadn't they been over this two seconds ago? Then again, no one else seemed too up front about their heritage, and the blonde hadn't exactly asked them yet. What if just saying it out loud was against some sort of human ritual thing?

"I... I only eat things that taste clean. Fried food, no. Vegetables... except stuff like green beans, things that soak in their own juices for hours. Egh." Olivia winced."Umm... I can make a list!" Olivia's smile faltered slightly on her lips. Human rituals. Who knew how to use them properly?
Olivia Oberon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Hudgens on Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:46 pm

When neither Lucien nor Olivia agreed with her apology, Ivy huffed softly under her breath. People could be so difficult, and have no respect. Granted, she was usually one of those people, and the girl hadn't exactly meant her apology, but it was still nicer than forgoing it all together. Choosing, for once, not to say anything to anyone, Ivy crossed her arms over her chest and just settled into a nasty glare. She hadn't wanted to be in this situation in the first place, someone was supposed to meet them right away. Lucien and Olivia and she wouldn't have had to break into the office or anything if this girl had just been on time. But if Lucien was immortal and Olivia was of the fae, who knew what Ari was. Ivy wasn't up for dying on her first day at Masquerade. Or at the full moon, or anything of the sort.

Sighing when Ari asked if they had any specific catering needs (shouldn't she have read their charts thoroughly if she was going to be showing them around and whatnot?), Ivy didn't speak for a moment. She let the other two speak first about their 'specific catering needs'. Lucien was just a jerk about it, making Ivy shake her head and snort slightly. He was absolutely right, though. On the other hand, Ivy was too hungry to bother with being nasty about how Ari hadn't read their charts. "I'm a vegan," she said exasperatedly after Livvy had finished speaking. "No animal products or byproducts," hopefully Ari had known what a vegan was, but Ivy always felt the need to clarify. "And I was told you would be able to meet those needs here," she finished, eyebrow raised.

Ivy felt her stomach rumble and glared a little harder, arms tightening. This was useless...first their student guide was late, now she was wasting time standing there and asking what they ate. Couldn't they have talked about this while walking to the cafeteria or something? The girl felt a nasty snarl rising in her throat, but she held it back. No need to start making animal noises. Some things Ivy was definitely conscious of. Although she rarely hesitated to hold back words, some of the other things were best left inside. Tapping her foot against the ground, Ivy felt her impatience grow. This whole whole affair was stupid, and hopefully the school itself would prove better than the people who were supposed to be representing it.

Of course, anything was better than home, Ivy had to cede to that point at least. And anywhere where she could be away from home, and practice her Art quietly and safely and everything else, was okay by Ivy. And maybe she could actually make some friends here. It seemed pretty unlikely, but one never knew. Losing herself in her thoughts like this made the hunger go away a little. But the girl couldn't keep it up forever, which was probably how long they'd spend in this Goddess forsaken entry way. Keeping up with tapping her foot, Ivy sighed softly, and pushed some of her short red hair behind her ear. This was truly absurd, and the girl was definitely going to voice her complaints to someone about Masquerade's representation.

((Sorry it's kinda sucky, loves...muse came back a little, so I'm still trying to get the feel back. XD))
Ivy Hudgens

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top